Fern Creek High School’s mission and primary goal is to successfully transition students from middle to high school, explore career and community engagement options, and foster learning for all. Students will learn essential skills through hands-on projects and workshops both in the classroom and in real-world experiences. Engage in team-based activities, develop leadership kills, identify strengths, and discover new interests and future career options. Participate in a small learning community with a dedicated principal, counselor, and core group of teachers and peers.
- Freshman Parent Academy—Parents of incoming freshmen will be invited to attend informational sessions to support their child.
- Exposure to career options—Students will be exposed to the Career Exploration course, Career Expo events, and guest speakers.
- Freshman Mentoring Program—Upperclassmen are matched with incoming freshmen based on needs and/or similar interests. Various events are scheduled throughout the school year for the pairings.
- Tiger Stripes—Students who consistently meet academic and behavioral standards are recognized every six weeks.
- Professional Learning Community—Teachers work in collaborative teams to support learning for all.