- Sign Up for Voluntary COVID-19 Testing in Schools
- Sign Up for Text Messaging for Quarantine Information
- JCPS COVID Safety Guidance
- View COVID-19 Safety Plans by School
- UPDATED: COVID-19 Testing, Dashboard, and Pathfinder Information
Our drive-thru COVID-19 testing at 22 sites across the district is open from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m every week Monday-Friday. You must be in line by 7:00 p.m. in order to get tested. SphereDX, the testing company, will have same-day test results.
SphereDX highly recommends pre-registering for the test to ensure you will be tested. Click here to register ahead of time. Please ensure you enter the correct information like name and birthday, or your test results won't be available.
SphereDX’s customer service representatives are available to answer questions and troubleshoot registrations at (502) 830-9503. The phone line is currently open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. You can also email questions, concerns, or requests for results to info@SphereDXLab.com 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Here's a list of locations:
- Academy @ Shawnee, 4001 Herman St.
- Ballard High School, 6000 Brownsboro Rd.
- Central High School, 1130 W Chestnut St.
- Doss High School, 7601 St. Andrews Church Rd.
- Fairdale High School, 1001 Fairdale Rd.
- Farnsley Middle School, 3400 Lees Lane
- Frost/Stuart Middle School, 4601 Valley Station Rd.
- Highland Middle School, 1700 Norris Pl.
- Iroquois High School, 4615 Taylor Blvd.
- Kammerer Middle School, 7315 Wesboro Rd.
- Marion C. Moore School, 6415 Outer Loop
- Meyzeek Middle School, 828 S. Jackson St.
- Newcomer Academy, 3741 Pulliam Dr.
- Ramsey Middle School, 6409 Gellhaus Ln.
- Seneca High School, 3510 Goldsmith Ln.
- Southern High School, 8620 Preston Hwy.
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School, 1501 Rangeland Rd.
- Waggener High School, 330 S Hubbards Ln.
- Western Middle School, 2201 W Main St.
- Western High School, 2501 Rockford Ln.
- Westport Middle School, 8100 Westport Rd.
- Valley High School, 10200 Dixie Hwy.
VOLUNTARY IN-SCHOOL TESTING
Our schools and district offices offer weekly voluntary COVID-19 diagnostic screening testing.
TEST RESULT NOTIFICATION UPDATE:
The testing company, Wild Health, will notify you of your student's test results (positive & negative) by 10:00 p.m. the same day they are tested. The results will be emailed to you.
You can text or call Wild Health directly at 513-647-2485. The line is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, and the company can help answer questions regarding:
- Test results
- Wild Health testing protocols
- Testing schedules and times for JCPS
- Medical-specific questions/concerns
- Any general questions, etc.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR TESTING?
To participate in this testing, staff must complete a consent form. Click here to access and fill out the form. The process is quick, easy, and painless. Don't just take our word for it though. Hear from our students directly about the testing experience:
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY STUDENT HAS TO QUARANTINE?
Students who test positive for COVID-19 or are considered close contacts will be quarantined. This short video explains what happens next for your child if they are quarantined.
For more information on how students who are quarantined will continue learning, click here.
More information about our back-in-school plans can be found in A New Way Forward: Next Steps.
COVID-19 HEALTH GUIDELINES
The Jefferson County Board of Education has opted to follow the most recent guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Kentucky Department for Public Health, Governor Andy Beshear and the Kentucky Board of Education.
The guidance includes:
- Masks are required in all JCPS buildings, regardless of the vaccination status of the student, teacher, staff or visitor
- Masks are required on all school buses, regardless of vaccination status
- Waivers to the mask policy are available for students with medical issues
- 3 feet distance between students in classrooms, when possible, to improve contact tracing
- Social distancing will be promoted in hallways and common areas
- COVID-19 tests available in schools
- In the cafeteria, students will have assigned seats to facilitate contact tracing. In an effort to provide some spacing between students, some schools may find other areas for students to eat, such as a gymnasium, empty classroom or outside.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the school and students will have plenty of handwashing opportunities
Students or staff will be excluded from school and sent home if they have any of these COVID-19 symptoms including:
- Fever or chills
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Other symptoms can be found at this CDC website
When a student displays signs of COVID-19, tests positive or is deemed a close contact of a person who has COVID-19, JCPS has a number of steps it follows to ensure the student, classmates, teacher and family are well-informed and safe. For more information about the protocols we're following, contact tracing, and quarantining click here.
Families with students in a class where there is a case of COVID-19 will be notified with recommendations from health officials. Families can also find the number of positive cases and quarantines at each school on the JCPS COVID Dashboard. To view the CURRENT counts of positive cases and those who are currently in quarantine, please click here. The information included in this COVID-19 in JCPS dashboard reflects the total number of students and staff that have ever tested positive or were quarantined since the start of the 2021-22 school year which began on August 11th.