JCPS CONTINUES ON NON-TRADITIONAL INSTRUCTION (NTI)
Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) is continuing on Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) from Tuesday, January 18, 2022 through Friday, January 21, 2022. Here’s the information you need to know as we move forward with remote learning:
- If our staffing levels return to a point that we can safely operate school, our scheduled return to in-person instruction will be Monday, January 24.
- Principals will be sharing your student’s schedule and unique information about your school as we continue on NTI on Tuesday, January 18. If you have questions about NTI, contact your student's school.
- Students who are currently quarantining and receiving virtual instruction will also continue on this NTI model. If you have any questions, contact your student's school.
- Staying on NTI is the result of staffing shortages connected to COVID-19 that make it difficult to conduct school.
- Staffing shortages are not expected to impact athletics or extracurricular activities. Those activities may continue as long as staff is available to oversee those limited events. COVID-19 mitigation strategies will continue to be followed. If there are any changes for scheduled extracurricular activities, your school will communicate with you.
- JCPS will be offering meal distribution on Tuesday, January 18 and Thursday, January 20 (see below for more information).
Every student has a Google Classroom account which will be used for their instruction during NTI. See a step-by-step guide on logging into and using Google Classroom.
JCPS will offer curbside meals at 105 schools during NTI. The meal distribution will take place on Tuesday, January 18 and Thursday, January 20 from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. See a list of locations, or see the flyer below. NOTE: The J. Graham Brown School, 546 1st St. and Lincoln Elementary, 930 E. Main St. have been added as meal sites. DuBois Academy, King Elementary and Slaughter Elementary are closed due to staffing shortages See our instructions on how to safely heat up the meals.
All of our regional COVID-19 testing sites will offer extended hours Tuesday (January 18), Wednesday (January 19), and Thursday (January 20). All sites will be open from 1:30-7:30 p.m.
See a list of locations.
Families and employees are encouraged to register prior to arriving at a testing site. You can register here.