Established in 1936, Valley High School has a distinguished history, a vibrant present, and a promising future! Our vision is for all of our students to graduate prepared to be compassionate and productive citizens. Valley’s mission is to be a supportive and diverse community dedicated to meeting the needs of all students through pathways that develop skills to be successful in postsecondary endeavors. As an Academies of Louisville school, Valley offers students a variety of challenging academic classes, exciting career pathways, and award-winning extracurricular offerings. With the help of our community partnerships, our students have the opportunity to work with the latest technology, gain valuable job experience, and develop connections in the career fields of their choice. And it doesn’t stop there! Valley has been chosen for a prestigious program, 3DE by Junior Achievement (JA). This immersive learning experience will provide our students with relevant, authentic, project-based applications and real-world case study challenges.
- Distinguished College Scholars Program—Students accepted into this elite program demonstrate the potential for academic excellence, leadership, and the drive to succeed. Students take rigorous courses, receive a mentor to help guide them through their years at Valley, and are provided added support and opportunities for them to excel through college. There will also be opportunities for students to increase their leadership roles and community service involvement.
- 3DE by JA—Valley has been selected to lead the way with this initiative! Students will have the chance to be part of an innovative learning method that provides them with the chance to think independently and work collaboratively to solve complex problems.
- Our Freshman Academy provides incoming ninth-grade students with the support they need to make a smooth transition from middle school and navigate high school successfully.
- At Valley, students have the opportunity to earn college credit by enrolling in dual-credit courses or by taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- Valley is an Academies of Louisville school, so students have the opportunity to earn industry certifications and college credits as they jump-start their futures with our Career
- Technical Education (CTE) Programs in the areas of health science, veterinary medicine, computer coding, business, and industry trades.