DuPont Manual High School is a districtwide magnet school that provides a dynamic, interdisciplinary, diverse learning community that focuses on rigorous academic, technical, and artistic college-preparatory magnet programs. Manual offers students the opportunity to experience unparalleled personal and academic growth while participating in a variety of specialized magnet courses. Manual offers students the opportunity to combine strong academics with specialized instruction in one of five magnet programs: High School/University (HSU), Journalism and Communications (J&C), Mathematics/Science/Technology (MST), Visual Arts (VA), and Youth Performing Arts School (YPAS). The Advance Program is also available for eligible students. Through a working relationship with the University of Louisville (UofL), qualified students in all programs may take college courses for credit. Manual High School is a nationally recognized school for student academic success and has been a recognized U.S. School of Excellence since 1991. In addition, Manual students continue to top district, state, and national statistics in test scores, number of scholarship recipients, and number of National Merit Scholars.
- Offers communications, college prep, math/science/technology, visual arts, and performing arts programs to students districtwide
- Offers the Advance Program and 30 Advanced Placement (AP) courses and has the highest ACT average of any Kentucky high school
- Has the most National Merit Semifinalists in the state as well as the most Governor’s Scholars and the most students selected for the Governor’s School for the Arts
- College-credit classes are available through partnerships with UofL and Campbellsville University.
- Provides academic classes for YPAS, and Manual students can enroll in comprehensive arts classes.