Our primary focus is to work with families to ensure that all of our students are successful. We firmly believe that through hard work and open communication between the community and our school, students at Rutherford Elementary will reach their highest potential and become lifelong,independent learners who make significant contributions to society.
- Students develop their critical-thinking skills in the Advance Program.
- Provides a literature-based curriculum enhanced by team teaching
- Offers after-school sports and other activities through the Family Resource Center (FRC)
- Offers Academic Team, Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), and Chess Club
- Provides instruction in reading, math, science, and social studies from highly qualified teachers who use today’s most effective curriculum and instructional techniques
- Provides enhanced technology instruction with SMART Boards, iPads, Chromebooks, laptop computers, and a full-time Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) teacher
- Provides research-based instruction
- Provides homeroom and specialized grouping, tailored to the needs of the students with Project-Based Learning, which promotes cooperative learning
- Student activities include basketball, soccer, cheerleading, orchestra, and band.