Good nutrition and good education go hand in hand. Well-nourished students have higher test scores, better school attendance, and fewer classroom behavior problems. Research shows that the knowledge and skills children learn today help them choose healthier foods tomorrow and into adulthood. For more information about the nutrition environment, wellness, and best practices for students, see the links below.
Nutrition Education Activities - Learn more about My Plate, good nutrition, recipes, and more. See sections below for additional resources.
School Assessment and Wellness Trainings
For Schools and Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs)
- JCPS Guidelines to Smart Snacks
- Is Your Snack a Smart Snack? Calculator
- Smart Snack Order Form- For SY 2021-22 this form may not be available to purchase water or snacks. We apologize for any inconvenience. Due to supply chain issues and product availability, we are not able to provide this service at this time. Please contact purchasing if have questions regarding other options.
- Smart Foods Planner From Alliance for a Healthier Generation (AFHG)
- Smart Snacks & Wellness Quick Reference
For Parents and Teachers
- Smart Snack Idea List
- Healthy Classroom Celebrations
- Celebrations Order Form- Temporarily Unavailable
- Healthy Fundraisers
- Non-Food Rewards
- Let's Move
- Action for Healthy Kids Blog
- Team Nutrition eBooks
- Nourish Interactive
- Fuel Up to Play 60
- For Tweens and Teens