Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP) High School’s mission is to empower students to become dedicated and engaged in their classrooms, careers, and communities. We are leading the way in the Academies of Louisville initiative. Along with the four Academies of PRP, we offer the Honors Program and PRP Advance Program. PRP has a long tradition as a top Advance Program school, and seasoned teachers encourage gifted and talented students to reach their full potential. Our Advance Program students are challenged in the classroom and are accustomed to a rigorous curriculum that allows them to be successful in college. PRP students have many opportunities to showcase their skills in our visual and performing arts courses. Classes include theatre, dance, orchestra, band, graphic design, choir, and visual arts.
- Small learning community—Small teams of students and teachers offer a personalized learning experience.
- Core classes—English, math, science, and social studies as well as electives and the Freshman Seminar course
- The Freshman Seminar course introduces extracurricular, co curricular, sports, and other school-sponsored activities.
- Award-winning visual and performing arts classes include theatre, dance, orchestra, band, graphic design, choir, and visual arts.
- In the Cinematography and Video Production pathway, students learn how to operate camera equipment, script news segments, as well as edit and produce videos while earning certifications through organizations including
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Google. Students gain practical experience while working in our Control Room, producing stories for the school’s media outlets.
- Students in the Architectural Technology pathway gain hands-on experience in architectural design as they create or plot drawings, edit objects, work with layouts, and build model structures. Students graduate with industry certifications and the software knowledge needed to continue their education in this field.
- Hosts several hands-on learning environments, including a Health Sciences lab, CAD lab, and welding lab.